Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TOPIC: A report of An incident
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
- make verbal report on incidents;
- express themselves orally about the incident;
- demonstrate good speech habits of clear pronunciation, correct stress and intonations;
- give account of event in a logical order and vividly;
- mention the causes of an automobile fire and
- discuss how the automobile fire was extinguished.
- The pupils are required to already have learnt…
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Relevant pictures of incidents which can be used to stimulate the learners.
- Sample forms for making report/statements in the police station.
- Other relevant materials.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Report an incident of:
- Car accident
- Fire ancient
- Jungle justice
- Street fighter
Take note of the following:
- Making verbal reports and statements.
- Reporting class incidents to teacher, classmate or friend.
- Giving a report of group activities.
- Using correct tenses in report.
- Reporting an incident without any exaggeration.
- Eye witness account of exactly what happened.
- Give information that will help the authority to note the date and time, place, the cause of the incident etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Note the date and time, place, the cause of the incident etcn;
- Pupil’s Activities – Each pupil gives account of his/her experiences.
- Discusses with pupils various situations in which they are likely to be called upon to give report in assisting the police or the people in authorities in the investigations;
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss various points as a class and prepare in groups to give report on any incident.
- Discusses the important points in making statement or reporting an incident;
- Give account of an incident of bank robbery he/she has witnessed with good explanations.
- Pupil’s Activities – use past tense form of verbs; Write their reports and read to the class.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to: make simple oral reports of a particular incident.