Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN
TOPIC – LINES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. explain the meaning of lines;
2. mention types of lines;
3. draw lines;
4. make decorative designs with lines.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Samples of line decorations
Chalk board, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Fundamentals of Cultural and Creative Art Book 4
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON ONE
1. Straight line
2. Curve line
3. Multiplication sign
4. Addition sign
5. Division sign
6. Subtraction sign
Teacher’s remark – lines can be a straight, curved or dotted lines. They can used to draw objects or shapes as you drawn in mathematical signs. There are different types of lines and they will be discussed as follows.
MEANING OF LINES
A line is thin or think straight or curved mark made by marking materials like pen, pencil, etc. A Line drawing or line art is any image or object that made of straight or curved lines.
TYPES OF LINES
These are straight lines that move up and down without any slant.
These are straight lines that are parallel to the horizon.
These are straight thin or thick lines that slant.
These are straight thin or thick lines made from a combination of diagonal lines.
These are thin or thick lines that change direction gradually.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON TWO
USES OF LINES
1. It is used to indicate a part.
2. It is used show direction.
3. It is used as a symbol.
4. It is used as a plan.
5. It is used to make a sketch.
6. It is used to mark out.
7. It is used to cut out a part.
8. It is used as measurement.
OBJECTS WITH LINES
Teacher’s Activities – Identification of different types of lines on the following objects.
DRAW OBJECTS FROM LINES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Draw the following objects.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains different types of lines with the aid of diagrams.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and observe demonstration on how to use lines in designs.
3. Demonstrates how to use lines in designs.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw lines to create designs.
4. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays Pupil’s finished works.
5. Demonstrates how lines and curves can be combined to create patterns;
Pupil’s Activities – Create patterns using lines and curves.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. name types of lines;
2. draw some lines and curves;
3. arrange lines and curves to form patterns;
4. display work.