Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – ADVANTAGES OF COMPUTER
TOPIC – COMPUTER HARDWARE
Computer hardware is the physical component of computer that we can see and touch.
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
- state the meaning of computer hardware;
- list the hardware components of a computer.
- list hardware input devices;
- list hardware output devices.
- The pupils are required to already have learned meaning of computer.
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- System unit
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Computer Studies for Primary 4
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON ONE
Activity 1 – Asks the pupils if they can see and touch this two computers. Expected response – YES. Then asked, what is computer hardware?
Computer hardware is the physical component of computer that we can see and touch. These physical components are called parts of computer hardware and they include –
- system unit
- Card reader
- Flash drive
CONTENT OF THE LESSON TWO
Leads the pupils to identify and discuss each of the hardware on the chart below:
CONTENT OF THE LESSON THREE
Computer hardware can be put into three groups:
- DVD/CD ROM
- Flash drive
- CPU – Central Processing Unit
- Ram – Random Access Memory
- ROM – Read Only Memory
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Shows the hardware components that make up the computer;
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe the hardware components in groups.
- Displays pictures of the hardware components;
- Pupil’s Activities – Draw and label the hardware components.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Computer Hardware – Input Devices
- explain the meaning of hardware;
- identify two components of the computer hardware.
COMPUTER STUDIES FIRST TERM THIRD WEEK