Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – MINI COMPUTER
TOPIC: MICRO COMPUTER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to describe the size, speed and uses of micro computer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart shows micro computer.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – MICRO COMPUTER
Microcomputers are the most frequently used type of computer.
SIZE OF MICRO COMPUTER
Micro computer is also known as Personal Computer (PC). Desktop computers, portable computers and mobile phones are good examples of microcomputer.
Generally used by only one person at a time.
SPEED OF MICRO COMPUTER
The processing speed of microcomputer is less than mini and mainframe computer.
USES OF MICRO COMPUTER
It is used by individual and businesses.
The microcomputer has replaced most basic paperwork, and has become a fixture for design and architecture firms, film studios and many other businesses.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses the size, speed and uses.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify the size, speed and uses.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Mini computer
Micro computer is also known as Personal Computer (PC).
Discuss the –