Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: PRODUCE PROCESSING AND MARKETING
TOPIC – PRICING AND ADVERTISING
1. Pricing and Advertising
2. Pricing Determinants
By the end of the lesson, the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the term – pricing.
2. mention factors which determine the price of agricultural produce
Price of agricultural products
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts of sellers and buyers in the market place.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF PRICING
Pricing is the process of the determining the worth of goods and services offered for sales. The process determines the price of goods and services.
Price the amount to pay for the worth of goods and services.
MEANING OF ADVERTISING
Advertising is a marketing communication used to promote goods and services.
1. Cost of production
2. Quality of produce
3. Quantity of produce
4. Forces of demand and supply
5. Market prices
6. Seasonal produce
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions;
2. Facilitate class discussion on composition of produce prices.
Student’s Activities – Describe what the price is composed of.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what pricing is all about.
2. list 5 factors which influence the price of farm produce.