Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – YOU AND TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Benefits of Technology (Primary 1)
TOPIC – CONCEPT OF TECHNOLOGY
1. Meaning of Technology
2. Electrical Gadgets in the Home
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. say what is technology.
2. mention some electrical gadgets in technology.
Television, radio, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Drawing and pictures of technological products.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Teacher’s Activities 1 – Ask pupils to spell and define the word – TECHNOLOGY
T – Ẹ – C – H – N – O – L – O – G – Y
Meaning of Technology – Technology is the use of knowledge to create new devices or tools.
Teacher’s Activities 2 – Asks pupils to state the technology that uses electricity.
Pupil’s respond –
4. Electric cooker
6. Bulbs, etc.
Teacher’s remark – The above mentioned are called electrical gadgets in technology.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to spell and pronounce the word – technology.
Pupil’s Activities – T – Ẹ – C – H – N – O – L – O – G – Y
3. Asks them, what is technology?
Pupil’s Activities – Explain what technology means with illustrations.
4. Asks the pupils to mention some technology that uses electricity.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and list electrical gadgets in technology.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what technology is.
2. mention 5 products of technology.
3. state 5 benefits of technology.