Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Air I – Existence of Air (Primary 2)
TOPIC – AIR
1. Things that Float in the Air
2. Effects of Moving Air in the Body
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. observe and identify things that float in air.
2. make things float in air.
Air inside a ball or balloon
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Old newspaper
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Making and Flying Kite
THINGS THAT FLOAT IN AIR
7. Aeroplane, etc
EFFECTS OF MOVING AIR IN THE BODY
1. It keeps the cool during the heat
2. It causes cold during harmattan.
3. It blows dirty on the body.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to name things that float in air.
Pupil’s Activities – Throw things into the air and identify those that float and those that do not.
3. Guides pupils to make paper kites.
Pupil’s Activities – Make and fly paper kites.
4. Score the kites that pupil make.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. name five things that float in air.
2. make and fly paper kites.