Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – System Unit III – Parts of CPU (Primary 3)
TOPIC – CPU
1. Meaning of CPU
2. Functions of the CPU
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list parts of the CPU.
2. state the functions of CPU.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Parts of the CPU
2. Components of the CPU
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
CPU – Stands for Central Processor Unit.
It is also called processor.
CPU is the brain of a computer.
The CPU makes the computer to think, calculate, count and draw.
FUNCTIONS OF THE CPU
1. Stores data
2. Carries out calculations
3 Carries out decisions
4 Controls the flow of information.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the functions of the CPU.
Pupil’s Activities – State the functions of the CPU.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state 5 functions of a CPU.