Last Updated on January 20, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Common Illness in the Community (Primary 3)
TOPIC – COMMON ILLNESS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Symptoms of Common Illnesses in the Community
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify common illnesses in their community.
2. mention symptoms of common illnesses in their community.
The pupils can state some of the symptoms of common illness.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Pictures showing people suffering from one illness or the other.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Guide the pupils in pair or group to describe the symptoms of common illness in the community. Note the points on the board.
Copy as I write on the board.
SYMPTOMS OF COMMON ILLNESSES IN THE COMMUNITY
1. General weaknesses
2. Lack of appetite
6. General itching of the Body
Find out the causes of the common illness in the community.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Assigns pupils into group work to come up with the symptoms of common Illnesses in the community based on the previous assignment.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the group discussion.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. identify two common illnesses in their community.
2. mention 3 each, the symptoms of common illnesses in the community mentioned in question 1.