Last Updated on March 13, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – THE HOME
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses and Cares of Sitting Room as a Functional Room in the Home Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Home Economics
TOPIC – THE HOME
1. Introductory Activities
2. Description of Dining Room
3. Uses and Cares of Dining Room as a Functional Room in the Home
4. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list the number of functional rooms in their homes.
2. describe the dining room.
3. state the uses and cares of dining room.
The pupils can identify the dining room.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures and charts showing functional Rooms (dining room) in the Home.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart showing different parts of a home for pupils to identify the dining room and describe.
Pupil’s Responses – This is a dinning room. It is always close to the sitting and the kitchen.
Teacher’s remark – Home a house or apartment where people lives as a family. It has many rooms. Dining room is one of the rooms in the home. Based on the previous assignment, discuss the uses and cares of dining room. Write on the board, the contents of discussion.
DESCRIPTION OF DINING ROOM
Dining room is a room where we eat our food.
It is very close to the sitting room and the kitchen.
It contains set of chairs with table.
LESSON 2 – USES OF DINING ROOM AS A FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN THE HOME
The uses of dining room are –
1. It is used for eating.
2. It is used for relaxation.
CARES OF DINING ROOM AS A FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN THE HOME
1. Remove the cobwebs.
2. Sweep the floor regularly.
4. Dust the dining chairs and table.
5. Arrange the plates, cutleries and table mat back to their place.
Ask pupils to –
1. Describe the dining room.
2. state the uses and cares of dining room.
Find out –
1. The meaning of bedroom.
2. The uses and cares of bedroom.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays charts or pictures of functional rooms in the home.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe the dining room.
3. Discusses the uses and cares of dining room.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses and cares of dining room.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. state the number of functional rooms they have in their homes.
2. describe the dining room.
3. state the uses and cares of dining room as a functional room in their home.
1. _______________ a house or apartment where people lives as a family.
2. There are _______ functional rooms in the home.
3. _______________ is a room where we eat our food.
A. Sitting room
C. Dining room
4. Dining is very close to the _______________ and the _______________.
A. sitting room and bedroom
B. sitting room and visitor’s toilet
C. sitting room and kitchen
5. Dining room contains _______________.
A. set of chairs with table
B. set of chairs with television
C. set of chairs with radio
6. Dining room is also used for _______________.
A. Cooking and eating
B. Bathing and eating
C. relaxing and eating
7. Sweep the dining room floor regularly.
8. It is very important to remove the cobwebs in the dining room.
9. Dust the dining chairs and table.
10. Always arrange all things in dining room back to their place.