RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – CIVIC VALUES (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: MEANING AND CHARACTERISTICS OF A NATION
- Meaning of Nation
- Characteristics of Nation
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- explain the meaning of nation.
- identify and explain the characteristics of a nation.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Video clips
- Class textbooks
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF A NATION
A nation is a body of people sharing a spirit of unity and want to live together under the government. Nigeria is a Nation.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A NATION
- Common territory.
- Common customs and traditions.
- Common economy.
- Common language ( understanding each other).
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to explain the meaning of a nation.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain the meaning of a nation using relevant resources.
3. Helps pupils identify and explain the characteristics of a nation using relevant teaching resources.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and explain the characteristics of a nation using relevant learning resources.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – reasons we need to build our nation.
- explain the meaning of a nation.
- identify and explain two characteristics of a nation.