Problems of Farm Manager JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Agriculture
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS 1)
THEME: CONCEPT AND MEDIUM OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Field Trip Excursion to an Established Farm JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Agriculture
TOPIC – PROBLEMS OF FARM MANAGER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Definition of Farm Manager
3. Problems of Farm Manager
4. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. define farm manager.
2. state the problems of farm manager.
Based on their findings during the excursion, the students can state some of the problems of farm manager.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing the picture of some of the problems of farm manager.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Farm manager is one of the factors of agricultural production that organizes, manages and coordinates all other factors of agricultural production.
Farm manager minimums cost and maximums production in order to make profit.
The reward is profit and loss.
PROBLEMS OF FARM MANAGER
1. Insufficient fund.
2. Poor input such seedlings, labour, tools, equipments, etc.
3. Farm pests and diseases
4. Inadequate records
5. Problems of land owners
LESSON 2 – PROBLEMS OF FARM MANAGER
6. Lack of proper branding and packaging
8. Lack of research systems
9. Poor government policy
10. Insufficient credit facilities
11. High cost of agricultural materials, equipments and tools
12. Natural disasters
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
Find out the solutions to the problems of farm manager.
Download – Agriculture Scheme of Work Junior Secondary School (JSS 1) Link
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, the teacher –
2. Asks students to state and discuss the problems of farm manager.
Student’s Activities – List the problems of farm manager.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Student’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask students to:
1. define farm manager.
2. state 5 problems of farm manager.
Solutions to the Problems of Farm Manager JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Agriculture