THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS – SS 1
Answer all questions.
1. One of these is not a quality of a good receptionist.
(d) good memory
2. _____________ documents are used in the office for the day to day running of an organization.
3. A document used for pictorial representation of goods available for sale is called _____________.
4. _____________ are various official letters written in formal languages used for communicating between one organization and another.
5. The minutes of a meeting is usually written in _____________ language.
6. Format of minutes of a meeting include all but one of the following.
(a) Date of meeting
(b) Place of meeting
(c) Dancing pattern
(d) Matters arising from the minute
7. Memorandum is important for the following reasons except _____________.
(a) delegation of responsibility
(b) to make suggestions
(c) to create conflict
(d) to give directives to subordinates
8. A document used for conveying information from management to staff in an organization is referred to as _____________.
9. All but one are means of payment through banks.
(a) Bank draft
(c) Credit transfer
(d) indirect debit
10. Post office system of payment include the following except _____________.
(a) postal order
(b) postage stamp
(c) postal giro
(d) bank transfer
11. _____________ is the head of personnel department in an organization.
12. The acronym CEO/MD also means _____________.
13. The amount paid hourly, daily or weekly for the supply of labour or work done is _____________.
14. IOU can also be written as _____________.
15. While an importer may also be referred to as _____________, the exporter can be called _____________.
16. A document that contains the price and quantity of goods sent from one country to another is called _____________.
17. Documents produced in triplicates means _____________.
18. Those officials who man our borders ensuring that illegal goods are neither allowed nor exit the country are called _____________.
19. A trade that takes place among various nations of the world is called _____________.
20. As a factor of production, _____________ is the reward for capital.
Answer four questions in all.
Question one is compulsory.
A. What is Time rate?
B. Differentiate between time rate and piece rate.
- Hourly rate ₦20 per hour.
- Rate of production 200 units per hour.
C. Calculate (i) Time rate (ii) piece rate
A. Define the term: Correspondence.
B. State three importance of correspondence.
A. What are means of payment?
B. List and explain four means of payment each of the banking system and the post office system.
A. By means of specimens, differentiate between a letter of application and letter of appointment.
B. Using a named formal organization, outline the format of a minute of a meeting.
A. Who is receptionist?
B. Outline five qualities of a good receptionist.
C. Is a receptionist different from a secretary? Explain.