Types of Footwear and Importance of Footwear Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Home Economics
THEME – CLOTHING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Types of Clothes and Reasons for Wearing Clothes (Primary 3)
TOPIC – TYPES OF FOOTWEAR
1. Introductory Activities
2. Types of Footwear
3. Importance of Footwear
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list different types of footwear in use.
2. state the importance of footwear.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Sample or chart showing different types of footwear.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display different types of footwear for the pupils to identify. Or ask them to state different types of footwear.
Pupil’s Activities – Sanders, trekkers, shoes, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils and give a cheer for their quick respond. Note the pupils points on the body and lead the discussion on important of footwear.
TYPES OF CLOTHING
IMPORTANCE OF FOOTWEAR
The importance of footwear are –
1. To beautify the body.
2. To keep the feet warm.
3. To protect feet from dirt and infection.
4. To protect the feet against harsh weather.
5. To protect the feet against sharp objects.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to mention types of footwear.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention types of footwear.
3. Discuss importance of footwear.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state 5 types of footwear.
2. Mention 3 importance of footwear.