PRIMARY 1/ WEEK 5
PRIMARY 2/ WEEK 2
THEME – READING AND WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Writing of Alphabet (Primary 1)
TOPIC – TWO LETTER WORDS
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – write two letter words.
Some of the can identify and say two letter words correctly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Queen Premier 1 and 2
2. Chart of selected two letter words.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
As stated in Queen Premier or Phonemic Awareness – Word Sound and Syllabus (Primary 1)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. Revises the previous lesson based on the pupil’s related knowledge and understanding.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the lesson reviews.
2. Displays chart and flashcards showing some selected two letter words.
3. Lets pupils spell each letter of two letter words on the chart or flashcards.
Pupil’s Activities – Spelling correctly the two letter words on the chart and flashcards.
4. Uses the spelling to introduce and pronounce each of the two letter word on the chart and flashcards.
5. Repeats the correct pronunciation and spelling of some selected two letter words.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the pronunciation and spelling of two letter words, pronounce and spell correctly.
6 Dictates two letter words for the pupils to write.
Pupil’s Activities – Writing two letter words.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. pronounce correctly two letter words.
2. write two letter words.