Last Updated on August 26, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning (Types) Computer System (Primary 6)
TOPIC: COMPUTER NETWORK
1. Meaning (Types) of Computer Network
2. Where Computer Network are used
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
1. define computer network.
2. list three types of computer network.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts of –
Functional Computer Systems
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Tanus Computer Studies book 6
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Instructs the pupils on how to setup two or more computer systems that will share the same set of data or information (if computer lab is available).
Or display a chart showing different set of computers connected to one another for the pupils to examine and descr2.
MEANING OF COMPUTER NETWORK
Computer network is the sharing of data (information) between a set of connected computers.
TYPES OF COMPUTER NETWORK
1. Local Area Network (LAN)
2. Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
3. Wide Area Network (WAN)
LESSON ACTIVITIES – WHERE COMPUTER NETWORK ARE USED
1. Schools e.g. University of Lagos, Lagos State Government University, Yaba College of Technology
2. Government Offices e.g. Lagos State Government, Lausa – Ikeja
3. Hotel Reservation System e.g. Federal Palace Hotel, Sharaton Hotel
4. Banking Industry e.g. First bank, UBA, Union bank
5. Television Stations e.g. NTA, Startime, Dstv
6. Telecommunication Companies e.g. MTN, GLO, 9mobile
7. INCE Office
8. JAMB, NECO AND WACE
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to define and list types of networking.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and explain the relationship and the different between computer networks.
3. Summarizes the lesson the board.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. define computer network;
2. list three of computer network.