Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: RECREATION AND LEISURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES – CAMPING ACTIVITIES (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: INTRODUCTION TO DIRECTION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to identify the four cardinal points.
The pupils are required to already have learned outdoor activities – camping activities.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Direction is the position along which someone or something moves or faces.
Direction is used to describe or determine the position of someone or something. Sometimes, it is used as right , left, forward (up) or backward (down).
Geographically, north, south, east and west are used in describing directions. This is called cardinal points.
FOUR CARDINAL POINTS
IMPORTANCE OF FOUR CARDINAL POINTS
1. It is used to calculate time.
2. It is used to locating places.
3. It is used for directions.
4. It is used for tracking someone or something.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains to the pupils the importance of the four cardinal points.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively and take note of the four directions.
3. Leads the pupils to identify the four cardinal points.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the four cardinal points.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention the four cardinal points.
2. draw and indicate the four cardinal point.