Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: GOD SAVE HIS PEOPLE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 5
TOPIC: GOD SHOWS MERCY TO US
LEARNING AREA – THE NEED TO BE MERCIFUL TO OTHER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to discuss why the need for us to be merciful to others.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Picture or drawing of the prodigal son.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
THE NEED TO BE MERCIFUL TO OTHERS – MATTHEW 5:7; 18:21-34
1. God has been merciful to you.
2. God commands you.
3. You are going to need more mercy in the future.
3. It causes happiness.
WAYS IN WHICH WE CAN SHOW MERCY?
2. Visiting the sick
3. Not retaliating, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the need to be merciful to others.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
3. Leads pupils to dramatize the story of the prodigal son.
Pupil’s Activities – Dramatize
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – God saves His people.
Pupils to list three ways you can be merciful to others.