Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
WEEK 8 – CARE OF THE KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM
WEEK 9 – PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION OF ON CARE OF TOILETS
THEME – HOUSE CARE
PREVIOUS LESSON – VARIOUS FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN A HOUSE
TOPIC – CARE OF THE KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Identify various rooms in a house.
- State how to keep the house clean daily.
- Carry out daily cleaning of the house.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of various functional rooms in a house.
- A chart of different steps involved in a daily cleaning of various functional rooms in a house.
- Brooms, ceiling brooms, duster, dust pan, refuse bin, flower in a small vase.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A room is a space occupied in a house. There are many rooms in a house which serves different purpose – Sitting room, Bedroom, Dining room, Kitchen, Food store, Bathroom and Toilet.
CARE FOR THE KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM
Kitchen and dining are side by side. Caring for both involves –
- Daily and weekly cleaning
- Removing cobwebs
- Washing kitchen utensils with soap and clean water.
CARE FOR THE TOILETS
Guide pupils on the practical demonstration on the following –
- Airing of the toilets
- Removing cobwebs
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the steps involved in the daily care of various rooms in a house.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice in groups how to remove cobwebs, sweep, dust and arrange things in the kitchen and food storeroom.
- Demonstrates daily cleaning of kitchen, dining room and toilets.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in daily and weekly cleaning of different rooms.
- Summarize the lesson on the board.
- Copy short notes on daily cleaning of rooms.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Practical Demonstration of Toilets
Pupils to attempt all the questions on the
WORK BOOK (WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT)
State 3 ways of caring for Kitchen and Food Storeroom.