Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – MICROSOFT WORD
PREVIOUS LESSON – RETRIEVE AND EDIT SAVED DOCUMENTS (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC: TYPES OF TOOLBARS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to – identify and use different types of toolbar – bold, underline and italicize text, font type, size and colour.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a functional computer system.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Computer Studies for Primary School Book 6
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Toolbars are located just below the Menu bar. The are two types of toolbars – Standard toolbar and Formating toolbar. Toolbars give shortcuts to menu commands.
USING TOOLBARS SOME DOCUMENTS
1. Applying bold – Ctrl + B
2. Underline text – Ctrl + U
3. Italics text – Ctrl + I
4. Formatting font size, types and Color
5. Text alignment
6. Redo and undo
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to identify and use the types of toolbar – bold, underline and italicize text, font type, size and colour;
- Pupil’s Activities – identify and use the types of toolbar – bold, underline and italicize text, font type, size and colour.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – retrieve and edit saved documents.
Pupils to: identify and use the types of toolbar – bold, underline and italicize text, font type, size and colour.