Last Updated on September 6, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – MUSIC
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Treble Clef on the Staff (Primary 3)
TOPIC – MUSIC
Identify and Draw the Bass Staff
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. sing the songs – the day is bright.
2. identify and draw the bass clef on the staff.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing bass.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Plays songs or leads pupils to sing songs –
The day is bright, is bright and fair…
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the content of the chart
Teacher’s remark – The is called the treble clef.
THE BASS STAFF
A staff is a set of lines and spaces which indicate the pitch of written notes. It is made up of five lines and four spaces. The lines and spaces have letter names.
One of staff is called bass Clef that has two dots above and below the fourth line.
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Draw the bass clef
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Plays songs or leads pupils to sing the sing – the day is bright.
3. Lets the pupils examine the bass clef and explains the uses with them.
Pupil’s Activities – Examine the bass clef and explains the uses with them.
4. Teacher’s/Activities – Draw the bass clef.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. sing the song – the day is bright.
2. identify and draw bass clef.