Last Updated on June 11, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
JSS 2 (BASIC 8)
Answer all questions.
1. A ten –sided polygon is known as ____________.
2. Which of the following is not a product of rubber?
3. ____________ is the force which opposes motion.
4. All are made of ceramics except ____________.
5. ½bh is the area of ____________.
6. Hydraulic machines make use of ____________ as fluid power.
7. B in the ABC of first aid means ____________.
8. One of the following is not a type of belt and pulleys.
(a) Flat belt and pulleys
(b) Variable belts and pulleys
(c) V-belts and pulleys
(d) T – belts and pulleys
9. ____________ operation can be defined as activities that involve the saving of lives.
10. All are hydraulic machines except ____________.
(a) force pump
(b) centrifugal pump
(c) vacuum pump
(d) hydraulic jack
11. The gear that drives the other gears is called ____________.
(a) driving gear
(b) driven gear
(c) drove gear
(d) drive gear
12. ____________ is not a type of forging.
(a) Cold forging
(b) Warm forging
(c) Hot forging
(d) Luke – warm forging
13. All are types of drive mechanisms except ____________.
14. ____________ is used for making jewelry and metals.
15. ____________ represents number of teeth on gear A.
16. All of the following are advantages of using chain drives except ____________.
(a) high efficiency
(b) small tension
(c) no slippage
(d) quiet operation
17. A device that can be used for wetting plants in a garden by spraying water into the air is known as ____________.
18. All are major types of gears except ____________.
(c) rack and pinion
19. ____________ is a type of mechanism used in bicycles.
20. Lubrication in gears help to reduce ____________.
Get more Basic Technology Exam Questions – Third Term Examination Basic Technology for JSS Classes Link
Answer all questions.
In not less than six lines, explain site preparation and setting out for building construction.
A. Define drive mechanism.
B. List any two types of building services.
Write out two advantages and a disadvantage of belt and chain drive each.
A. The gear A has 100 teeth while gear B has 25 teeth, calculate the gear ration.
B. Write two uses of pneumatic machines.