COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Steps for Booting Computer System – Cod and Warm Booting (Primary 4)
TOPIC: BOOTS A COMPUTER SYSTEM
1. How to Boots A Computer System
2. Booting A Computer System
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. demonstrate how to boots a computer system.
3. booting a computer system.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Computer system.
2. Power source
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note Computer Studies (Information Technology) Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Booting is the process of starting computer and loading the operating system.
BOOTS A COMPUTER SYSTEM
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and Allow pupils to follow the below steps to boot a computer system.
1. Connect the system unit to the power source.
2. Turn on the power button ON the monitor.
3. Ensure the monitor is ON.
4. Turn ON the power of the system unit.
5. Allow the computer to boot.
LESSON TWO – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT – As started demonstrated by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays an already connected computer set.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different parts of connected computer systems.
3. Demonstrates how to boot a computer system.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the teacher demonstrate how to boot a computer system.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention and demonstrate steps in booting a computer system.
2. booting a computer system.