THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Rocks or Stones to the Farmers Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – THE SUN AND ITS USES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Recognize the Sun
3. Description of the Sun
4. Drawing of the Sun
5. Where the Sun is Found
6. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe the sun.
2. state where the sun is found.
The pupils can identify the sun and its uses.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Chart showing the Sun
2. Open field
3. Drawing materials
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
OUTSIDE CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Moves the pupils outside the classroom to locate the sun and feel the heat from it. Tells pupils to observe and describe the color of the sun.
Pupil’s Activities – Look at the sky to locate the sun and feel the heat from the sun. Observe and describe the color of the sun.
Teacher’s remark – Comment and teach the pupils a poem about the sun. Write the poem on the board. Description of the Sun based on the poem below.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SUN
1. The sun shines above the earth.
2. It is an object that is far away from the earth.
3. Sends its hot rays to the earth.
4. Its colour is yellow.
5. Sunrise and sunset to give day and night.
LESSON 2 – DRAWING OF THE SUN
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Review the description of the Sun based on the poem. Display a chart showing the sun and ask the pupils to draw and colour the sun.
Find out the uses of sun from home.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Moves the pupils outside the classroom to locate the sun and feel the heat from it.
Pupil’s Activities – Look at the sky to locate the sun and feel the heat from the sun.
3. Tells pupils to observe and describe the color of the sun.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe and describe the color of the sun.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. Describe the sun.
2. Draw and Colour the sun.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (Test)
1. The sun shines above the ___________.
2. ___________ shines above the earth.
3. ___________ is an object that is far away from the earth.
4. The sun sends its ___________ to the earth.
A. hot water
B. hot rain
C. hot ray
5. ___________ to give day.
6. Sunset to give the ___________.
7. Draw and Colour the sun. 3 marks.