CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS THIRD TERM
PRIMARY 2 THEME – ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Colouring of Functional Art Works (Primary 2)
TOPIC – COLOURING
Drawing and Colouring Functional Art Works
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention several functional art works.
2. draw different functional art items.
3. apply different colours to each of the drawings.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures, real functional Art works, pencils, crayons, drawing books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Functional Art Works are beautiful and useful things designed for some of needs.
Examples of functional art works include walking stick, cups, pots and carved chairs.
DRAW AND COLOUR FUNCTIONAL ART WORKS
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Mentions several functional art works.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher mentioning different functional art works.
3. Asks pupils to draw functional art works.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw different functional art works.
4. Asks pupils to colour their drawings.
Pupil’s Activities – Apply different colours to their drawings.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. draw any 3 of the functional art works mentioned.
2. apply at least 3 different colours to their drawings.