Last Updated on August 1, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – PRIMARY 6 (BASIC 5)
INSTRUCTION – Answer all the following questions.
Answer all the questions in this section.
1. A person who foretells the future is _____________________.
2. A person who specialize in carrying out operations is _____________________
3. Atlantic, Antarctic, Pacific are called _____________________.
4. A widely spread disease is called _____________________.
5. A period of ten years is called _____________________.
6. A play which starts badly and end in a happy way is _____________________.
Write out the opposite of each of these words:
7. Inferior _____________________
8. Polite _____________________
9. Ancient _____________________
Use the opposite of each of the words printed in capitals to fill the spaces in each of the following sentences:
10. Ngozi was PRESENT yesterday but _____________________ today.
11. I was BLAMED for fighting, but _____________________ for doing well in my examination.
12. While Ola’s brother is UGLY, his sister is _____________________.
Write out the synonyms of each of these words:
13. Greet _____________________
14. Vacant _____________________
15. Difficult _____________________
Replace the words underlined in each of the following with another which is similar in meaning to it.
16. We made a profit of fifty naira from the sale of the bag
17. My father has a very wide table
18. The sums are very hard
Underline the word that does not belong to each of the groups below:
19. Yam Cassava Driver Rice Beans
20. Earth Moon Jupiter Mars Uranus
21. Uncle Boy Father Mother Brother
22. A person who in charge of ship is called _____________________.
23. A doctor who specializes in carrying out operation is called _____________________.
24. A person who knows about law is called _____________________.
25. The head of primary school is called _____________________.
Attempt all the following questions.
1. Arrange in alphabetical order:
a. Bold Hard Up Apple Come
b. Girl Jug Zoo Scout Rub
c. Lawyer Carpenter Doctor Teacher Nurse
d. South West North Pole East
2a. How many consonants than vowels are there in English alphabet.
b. _____________________ is the next consonant after the second vowel of alphabet.
c. _____________________ is the first consonant of the alphabet.
d. How many letter of alphabet will be left if the consonant are removed?
3. Write the similar in meaning of these words:
4. Gives the general names for each set of words in the following:
i. Emir, Oba, Obi, Chief, Eze _____________________.
ii. Petrol, water, Ink, Kerosine, palm oil ______________________.