ENGLISH STUDIES – STRUCTURE
TOPIC: Passage Expressing Functions of Objects
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to read passage illustrating how the functions of objects are expressed, and as follow – up action describe correctly the functions of other objects known to the.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
- Substitution tables on cardboard paper
- Assorted objects
- Course book
- Passage from other sources as appropriate.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Passage expressing functions of objects –
- Mobile phone
- We use a pen for writing.
- A pen is used for writing.
- We write with a pen.
The structure requires simple present tense in every case.
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Provides realistic situation which will bring out the meaning of the examples given. Collects objects and use in the lesson.
- Pupil’s Activities – Answer questions – what do you use a biro for? What do we do with biro?
- Pupil’s Activities – Answer each of the above questions varying the objects and repeating the process.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Express functions if objects.
- Use present simple tense in sentence to express the function of object.