Introduction to Drawing Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Cultural and Creative Arts
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Third Term Cultural and Creative Arts Plan Lesson Notes for Primary 3 (Basic 3)
TOPIC – DRAWING
1. Introductory Activities
2. Things found in the Environment
3. Care for the Environment
4. Drawing things found within the Environment
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe their environment.
2. list the things in their environment.
3. care for their environment.
4. draw things observed within the environment.
The pupils can draw and colour.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of picture of the environment, trees, grasses, roads, animals, flowers, pencils, colours.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
MEANING OF DRAWING
Drawing is a form of visual art.
Drawing is the act of making pictures of living things like human beings, animals and plants.
Also, drawing is the act of making pictures of non – living things on drawing papers, cardboards, etc. and beautiful things in our environment.
The materials needed for drawing are –
- Charcoal, etc.
THINGS FOUND IN THE ENVIRONMENT
4. Animals, etc.
LESSON 2 – MEANING OF ENVIRONMENT
Environment is the physical physical surrounding we live.
Environment is everything that is found within the area or society.
This includes houses, bridges, churches, mosques, schools, hospitals and markets.
CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT
1. Proper disposal of waste.
2. Proper use of the toilet/urinary.
3. Provision of wastes bins.
4. Allowing drains to flow.
5. Clearing a weeping round our surrounding.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Takes pupils out for a walk within the school environment.
3. Points and ask pupils the name of objects pointed to.
4. Tells pupils, all things are things in our environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher and itemised things found in our environment.
5. Lets them know that we are going to draw things in our environment.
6. Explains the meaning of drawing and ask pictures to itemised materials used for drawing.
Pupil’s Activities – Define and list materials used for drawing.
7. Discuss the meaning of environment and how to properly care take of our environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion.
8. Engages pupils to draw and colour things found in our environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw things found in our environment and colour them.
9. Summarizes the lessons on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Introduction to Singing Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Cultural and Creative Arts
Ask pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of environment.
2. state 5 things in our environment.
3. draw and colour few things in a clean environment.
4. explain the meaning of drawing.
5. List 5 materials needed for drawing.