CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – PRAYER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Right Attitude to Prayer (Primary 2)
TOPIC – HOW TO PRAYER
1. Introductory Activities
2. How to Pray
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain how Jesus taught us to pray.
2. say the Lord’s prayer.
3. explain how Jesus encouraged us to pray.
4. practice how Jesus prayed.
The Lord’s Prayer
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. A wall chart containing The Lord’s Prayer.
2. Film/slides of those praying.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils to recite the Lord’s Prayer as in the previous lesson 3 – The Lord’s Prayer (Primary 2)
PPupil’s Expected Response – Recite the Lord’s Prayer correctly.
JESUS TEACHING ON HOW TO PRAY
1. Pray without ceasing.
I Thessalonians 5:17
2. Pray to God in secret.
3. Pray for something specific.
4. Pray without getting discouraged.
5. Pray in faith without doubting.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses Jesus teaching on prayer.
3. Leads a discussion on how Jesus encourage us to pray.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussion on Jesus teaching on how to pray.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention two ways in which Jesus taught us to pray.
2. to pray for their friend, parents and civil leaders.
3. ask pupils to discuss the values of constancy in prayer.
4. give instances when they personally p rayed.