BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
TOPIC – PRINTER
1. Meaning of A Printer
2. Functions of A Printer
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of a printer.
2. state the functions of a printer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Connects a printer to a functional computer system. Guides the pupils to print with the printer.
Then, asks them to describe a printer.
MEANING OF A PRINTER
Printer is an output device that allows a user to print items on paper, such as letters and pictures.
FUNCTIONS OF A PRINTER
1. It is used for printing a text.
2. It is used for printing an image – photo.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to print and describe the uses of printer.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe the uses of printer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Say what a printer is?
2. Mention two functions of a printer.