PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: RECREATION AND LEISURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING AND IMPORTANCE OF RECREATION (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: OUTDOOR (CAMPING) ACTIVITIES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. mention camping activities.
2. carry out the camping activities.
The pupils are required to already have learned recreation.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Food items
6. Personal effects.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Outdoor activities are activities performed outside or in an open place like parks, game reserves, breaches and sport fields.
Camping is an outdoor activity involves staying away from home for days or weeks
OUTDOOR (CAMPING) ACTIVITIES ARE
2. Playing games like draughts
BASIC SKILLS FOR OUTDOOR (CAMPING) ACTIVITIES
1. Sharing responsibility
2. Working in groups
5. Safety in the outdoor.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Takes pupils out for camping.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in outdoor recreational activities.
3. Teaches skills necessary for the activities undertaken with emphasis on safety precautions.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice the activities.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 3 camping activities.
2. participate in camping activities.
Was this lessons helpful?