Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TOPIC: REASONS FOR OBSERVED DISTRIBUTION OF CROPS AND ANIMALS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to reasons for Observed distribution of crops and animals.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of map of vegetation zone in Nigeria.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
REASONS FOR OBSERVED DISTRIBUTION OF CROPS AND ANIMALS
Other factors apart from climatic conditions that are responsible for distribution are –
1. Availability of grass
2. The type of vegetation and topography
3. Customs and beliefs and of the people
4. Religious beliefs of the people
5. Diseases, parasites and pathogens
8. Action of man
7. The type of soil (crops only)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to discuss reasons for distribution of cross and animals.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the reasons for distribution of crops and animals.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – pre – planting activities.
Pupils to discuss the reasons for distribution of crops and animals.