THEME: HOW TO RAISE FARM CROPS
PREVIOUS LESSON – How to Raise Farm Crops – Procedure for Raising Farm Crops (Primary 5)
TOPIC: PROCEDURE FOR RAISING FARM CROPS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
raise school farm.
The pupils are required to already land preparation for planting.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
video clip on procedure for raising farm crops.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Agriculture Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Follow the procedures stated in How to Raise Farm Crops to Raise School Farm Crops
How to Raise Farm Crops – Procedure for Raising Farm Crops (Primary 5)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils in discussing various stages of raising farm crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
3. Leads the pupils to clear an open space that can be used for farm.
Pupil’s Activities – Land clearing.
4. Guides the pupils to till, stump and make few ridges for planting.
Pupil’s Activities – Till, stump and make few ridges for planting.
5. Guides pupils pupils to plant maize and cassava.
Pupil’s Activities – Plant maize and cassava.
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Follow up the procedure until each is completed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
raise school farm.