SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – JSS 1
Instructions – Choose the Correct Answer from the options.
1. A typical computer system hardware is made up of the ______________ _____.
[a] system unit & peripherals
[b] control unit & processing unit
[c] ROM & RAM
2. All these are types of ROM except ___________________ .
3. The task of performing arithmetic and logical operations is called ___________________ .
4. Screen savers were developed as a means to ___________________ .
[a] create fun
[b] beautify monitor
[c] avoid burn in
5. Arrow keys is also known as ___________________ .
[a] function keys
[b] Numeric keys
[c] cursor control keys
6. ___________________ is the standard of conduct as it relates to computers
[a] Computer ethics
[b] Computer users
[c] Computer professional
7. Which of the following is a good computer lab ethics?
[a] Fighting other students.
[b] moving the computers about .
[c] Cleaning the computers with dust free Napkins .
8. Air conditioner can be installed in a computer room to keep the room cool .
9. A ___________________ helps you create new and attractive document easily and quickly.
[b] word processor
10. The ___________________ button is used for making some text look bolder than the rest of the text .
11. The following are examples of word processors except ___________________ .
[a] word perfect
[b] microsoft word
[c] type writer
12. The unorganised facts and which can be converted into useful information is called ___________________.
13. A set of instructions to perform a given task is called a ___________________ .
14. There are ___________________ stages of data processing
15. How raw information is manipulated in order to produce a result is called ___________________ .
[b] data processing
16. ___________________ is an built – in computer memory containing data that can only be read and written to.
[a] Random access memory
[b] Read only memory
[c] Main memory
17. ______________________ is a place where the teaching and learning of computer takes place.
18. C. P. U means __________________________________________________
19. Keys with numbers are called ___________________ ____________.
20. There are ___________________ section on the keyboard
THEORY — Attempt Four Questions in this Section.
a. Define Keyboard.
b. Name the five sections of the keyboard and give examples of keys found in each section.
c. State the 4 types of keyboard.
d. Differentiate between RAM and ROM .
a. Define System unit.
b. List three management ethnics of a computer room .
c. State four good conduct in a computer laboratory.
d. Mention 5 objects that can be found in the computer room.
a. What is word processing?
b. Give 5 examples of word processor.
c. List 5 advantages of a word processor.
d. Draw a Keyboard.
a. Define Data processing .
b. List 4 elements of data processing .
c. There are ________________ stages of data processing .
d. Write the full meaning of the following:
a. Define Monitor.
b. Differentiate between ALU, CPU and Control unit.
c. How many types of monitor do we have ? Name them.
d. Draw the diagram of data processing steps .