THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Using Sounds and Combinations of sounds to Spell and Pronounce Words Primary 2 (Basic 2) – English Studies
TOPIC – SPELL AND PRONOUNCE WORDS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Spell and Pronunciation Words
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to identify, spell and pronounce words correctly.
The pupils can spell words correctly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Sound charts and flash cards.
2. Course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
SPELLING AND PRONUNCIATION OF GIVEN WORDS
B – A – G
B – A – T
H – A – T
C – A – T
C – A – K – E
A – R – M
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Produces the words as on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher as he/she spell and pronounces the words.
3. Asks the pupils to spell and pronounce after him/her.
Pupil’s Activities – Say it after the teacher.
4. Guides the pupils to Identify, spell and pronounce given words.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify, spell and pronounce each of the sounds on the board.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to identify, spell and pronounce words on the board.