ENGLISH STUDIES – SPEECH
TOPIC: Verbal Invitation to Examination Success Party
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Use the intonation pattern in request and response.
- Use lexical and structural items in dialogue and responses in an examination success party.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
- A teacher to teach
- A drama on invitation by two pupils
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Verbal invitation to an examination success party The following to be taken note of –
- Intonation practice
- Request and respond
- Give and take dialog
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- A teacher and another should team teach.
- Pupil’s Activities – Invite one another to a party.
- Lets pupils repeat teacher’s model.
- Pupil’s Activities – use the correct intonation for request and response. Use the right register.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Participate in oral drills request and response.
- Use lexical in dialogue and response.