Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: PATHOGENS, DISEASES AND THEIR PREVENTION
PREVIOUS LESSON – SWIMMING STROKES
TOPIC – Meaning and Types of Pathogens and Diseases
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Differentiate between pathogens and diseases.
- List three types of pathogens.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Flip charts
- Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Third Term Related Posts –
Scheme of Work Related Posts
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF PATHOGENS
Pathogen is an infectious disease (that’s communicable diseases) that cause illness or make people sick. Pathogen are tiny living organisms that cause illness to the body.
MEANING OF DISEASES
Disease is a failure of the body to function well as a result of the activities of germs or pathogens.
TYPES OF TYPES OF PATHOGENS
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the following – pathogens and diseases;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation.
- Mention types of pathogens;
- Pupil’s Activities – Recall diseases they (members of their families) had suffered from.
- Questions and answers;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen, ask and answer questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Spread of Diseases.
- Explain the meaning of pathogen.
- Define diseases.
- Mention 3 types of pathogens.