Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – Writing About Expression of Ownership
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- use possessive pronouns correctly; and
- use the structures in meaningful situations to indicate possession.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Real objects sentences – strips showing possessive pronouns.
- Flash cards.
- Approved course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
- Using possessive pronouns as (singular)
- Male/female – My
- Male – His
- Female – Hers
- Male/female – Mine
- This is my pen.
- This is his/her pen.
- Using possessive pronouns as (plurals)
- Male/female – Ours
- Male/female – Theirs
- Male/female – Yours
- Ours is the blue one in the room.
- Look at these toys. Mine is the big one.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Makes some sentences using the structure: “This is my book” etc.
- Pupil’s Activities – Repeat the sentences after the teacher.
- Uses simple drills to provide practicing exercises for pupils.
- Pupil’s Activities – Answer questions individually and in pairs. Express possessive words in sentences. Identify possessive words in given sentences.
- Guides the pupils’ activities.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- participate in oral questions and answer session.
- use possessive words correctly and
- express possessions correctly in meaningful situation.