Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – GREETINGS AND RESPECT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Examination Social Studies Basic 1
TOPIC – GREETINGS
1. Meaning of Greetings
2. Importance of Greetings
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain what greetings mean.
2. state the importance of greetings.
3. recognize greetings as a way of showing respect.
Greetings and Respect
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures of different ways of greeting.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1
DESCRIBE THE ACTIVITIES OF THE BOY AND GIRL ON THE CHART
The boy and girl are greeting their parents.
Teacher’s remark – They are greeting their parents by showing respect.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2
DEMONSTRATE HOW TO SHOW RESPECT WHEN GREETING
By kneeling down (girls) and prostrate (boys) or showing signs of respect.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3
WHAT IS GREETINGS?
Respect is how you feel about someone or how you treat people.
For example, how you greet.
Greetings is a way of showing respect to people and appreciating them.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 4
DISCUSS THE IMPORTANCE OF RESPECT WITH YOUR PUPIL
It promotes –
4. Good neighbourliness
5. Courtesy, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to demonstrate how to show respect.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate how to respect people – the elderly ones.
3. Discusses the meaning and importance of greetings.
Pupil’s Activities – State the meaning and importance of greetings.
4. Guides pupils through questioning to list ways of greeting in their locality.
Pupil’s Activities – List ways of greeting in their locality.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to explain the meaning of respect.
Find out more ways of greetings in our culture.