Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Source of Dangers – Road Accidents (Primary 1)
TOPIC – SOURCE OF DANGERS
1. Meaning of Security
2. Source of Dangers – Fire Outbreak
3. How to Prevent Fire Outbreak
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of security.
2. identify causes of fire outbreak.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Textbooks, pictures on road accidents and fire outbreaks.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION AND DESCRIPTION OF FIRE OUTBREAK AS A SOURCE OF DANGERS
Teacher’s remarks – Listen to the pupils while they describe the content of the chart.
Fire outbreak is one of the source of dangers.
SOURCES OF DANGER AND INSECURITY – FIRE OUTBREAK
Fire outbreak is a sudden increase of fire. If fire outbreak is not properly control, it can destroy life and prosperity.
CAUSES OF FIRE OUTBREAK
1. Careless use of candle.
2. Bad house wiring.
3. The use of wrong or fake house equipment.
4. Faulty home appliances.
5. Careless use of gas cooker and container.
6. Falling while cooking.
7. Fire accidents.
8. Explosion of gas cylinder or tanker.
9. Use of cell phones at the filling or gas station.
10. Smoking, etc.
HOW TO PREVENT FIRE OUTBREAK?
1. Do not play with fire.
2. Do not smoke.
3. Good electrical wiring.
4. Repair faulty electrical appliances.
5. Buy good home and electrical appliances.
6. Connect gas cooker and cylinder properly.
7. Make use of original cylinder.
8. Do not use cell phone at the filling or gas station.
9. Don’t play in the kitchen.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to explain and give examples (causes) of fire outbreak.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain and give examples (causes) of fire outbreak.
4. Directs the role playing on fire outbreak.
Pupil’s Activities – Dramatize fire outbreak.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of fire outbreak.
2. give 5 causes of fire outbreak.
3. state 3 ways of preventing fire outbreak.