Last Updated on September 23, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: CIVIC EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Civic Education | Why We Study Civic Education (Primary 1)
TOPIC – CIVIC EDUCATION
1. Introductory Activities
2. Ways through which Civic Education can be important through schools
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state ways through which civic education can be important through schools.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing teacher and pupils in class/school.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing different ways through which civic education can be important for the pupils to identify and discuss the roles of schools among other.
WAYS THROUGH CIVIC EDUCATION CAN BE IMPORTANT
3. Mass media
MEANING OF SCHOOL
School is a place where children are educated to function well in their world or community.
WAYS THROUGH CIVIC EDUCATION CAN BE IMPORTANT THROUGH SCHOOL
Civic Education is a subject that teaches us our duties and responsibilities in the community and the school is a place where children are educate and –
1. Build confidence through learning basic skills.
2. Acquire knowledge
3. Relate and communicate with one another.
4. Be informed about the world around.
5. Prepare for the future.
6. Develop talents
7. Work together.
8. Be an active member of the community.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the importance of civic education in the schools.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class education.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Mention 5 ways through which civic education is important through school.