CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – SHAPES AND SIZES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Drawing Basic Shapes
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
draw shapes of objects.
Basic Geometric Shapes
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Real objects of different shapes and sizes, pencils, drawing books, pictures of objects showing different shapes and sizes.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Draw basic shapes or displays chart showing shapes such as –
- Rectangle, etc. for the pupils to draw and colour.
Teacher’s Activities – Guides the pupils to use necessary materials for drawing perfect shapes. For example, the use of ruler for drawing triangle, square, rectangle and round objects for drawing a circle.
Find out the name of objects drawn.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Draws the basic shapes – squares, rectangles, circle, etc.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Draw different shapes and sizes of objects.
- ASSIGNMENT – Find out the name of objects drawn.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. draw any object of different shapes and sizes e.g. big and small circles, big and small rectangles.
2. Find out the name of objects drawn (assignment).