CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD’S PROMISE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Promise of the Comforter (Primary 3)
TOPIC – THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Introductory Activities
2. The Work of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify works of the Holy Spirit.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Pictures of believers worshipping and praying
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I need. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Tell the pupils brief story of the Apostles at the upper room to give account of the work of the Holy Spirit.
THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ON THE APOSTLES
Among these are –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the bible passages.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and ask questions.
3. Leads a discussion on areas of the pupils’ lives they can appropriate the power of the Holy spirit in.
4. Leads the class in Prayer for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in class discussions and prayers.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what they understand by the Holy Spirit.
2. identify two things the Holy Spirit does in the life of the Christian.
3. identify 2 areas of their lives that they need the Holy Spirit’s help.