Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Sources of Information (Primary 4)
TOPIC: Computer As IPO
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. describe computer as Input.
2. list characters on the keyboard as data.
3. Input data using keyboard.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note Computer Studies (Information Technology) Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
COMPUTER AS IPO SYSTEM
IPO system means Input, Processes and Output.
This means putting data into the system, doing something with the data and then displaying the results.
I – input
Examples of input devices are as follows:
4. Light pen
The keyboard, mouse, etc. input the data in to the computer.
LESSON TWO – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT – PRACTICAL WORK
Collects data and enter it using keyboard.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lists characters on the keyboard as data.
Pupil’s Activities – Use keyboard to enter data.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. list three ways computer can be used as a source of information.
2. use keyboard to enter characters as data.