THEME – AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – IMPORTANCE OF AGRICULTURE I Primary 6 (Basic 6) – Agriculture
TOPIC – IMPORTANCE OF AGRICULTURE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Importance of Agriculture
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – list the importance of agriculture in Nigeria.
The pupils can state the importance of agriculture.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of simple chart or pictures showing the importance of Agriculture in Nigeria.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
LAGOS STATE SCHEME OF WORK FOR PRIMARY 4 – 6
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Other importance of agriculture include –
- Provision of raw materials for industries
- Provision of market for industrial goods
IMPORTANCE OF AGRICULTURE
6. Source of medical herbs
Agriculture provides food, fruit, vegetable, leave, seed, trunk, grass and root used as medical herbs.
7. Foreign exchange Earning
This is exporting agricultural products such as cocoa, groundnut, etc. to other countries. Exportation generate more income for the farmers.
8. Provision of raw materials for industries
Agriculture provides raw materials for all agro – industries. Lets the pupils state the raw materials for making – sardine, milo, peak milk, leather bags, clothes, etc.
9. Provision of market for industrial goods
Some of the materials or tools used by farmers come from the industries. For examples – tractor, planter, harvester, fertilizer, different machines. All these are manufactured for agricultural use.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart showing other importance of agriculture.
3. Lets pupils interpret the contents of chart.
4. Uses the chart to introduce and lead a discussion on other importance of agriculture.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to state 4 other importance of agriculture.