Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – JESUS PRAYS TO THE FATHER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 4
TOPIC – JESUS PRAYS TO THE FATHER
1. Reasons Why Jesus Prayed
2. Contents of His Prayer – The Lord’s Prayer
3. Instance when Jesus Prayed
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain why Jesus prayed.
2. list out the content of Jesus’s prayer.
3. list instance when Jesus prayed.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. The Holy Bible
2. Hymn books
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
THE LORD’S PRAYER
Lead the pupils to say the Lord’s prayer.
REASONS WHY JESUS PRAYED
1. To show example to his disciples.
2. To honour God.
3. To receive power.
4. Thanksgiving and request.
CONTENTS OF HIS PRAYER (THE LORD’S PRAYER)
1. Thank to God
2. Will of God
3. Forgiveness of sin
4. Forgiving other
5. Personal request
INSTANCE WHEN JESUS PRAYED
Jesus prays before he does anything.
1. He prayed before choose his disciples.
2. He prayed all night.
3. He thanks God and pray for Lazarus to come back to life.
4. At the end of his life, he prayed at the garden of Gethsemane.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains why Jesus prayed.
Pupil’s Activities – State why we should pray.
3. Teaches the class the Lord’s prayer.
Pupil’s Activities – Say the Lord’s prayer.
4. Discusses the contents of the Lord’s prayer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. discuss the importance of prayer.
2. list the contents of the Lord’s Prayer.
3. sing songs relating to prayer, for example – Prayer is the Key.
4. lead a short prayer.