THEME – HOME CLEANING
PREVIOUS LESSON – WOODEN SURFACE AND REASONS FOR CLEANING SURFACE IN THE HOME
TOPIC – CLEANING DIFFERENT SURFACES IN THE HOME
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to clean different surfaces in the home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Chart showing different types of surfaces.
- Cleaning materials.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Surface is the top layer of an area. For example, mud surface, wooden surface, and concrete surface.
TYPES OF SURFACE
- Mud Surface
- Concrete Surface
- Wooden Surface
PRACTICAL WORK ON CLEANING THE CLASSROOM SURFACE
Engage all the pupils on practical cleaning of classroom surfaces.
TOOLS FOR CLEANING
Materials needed for practical cleaning of classroom surfaces –
- Long and short broom
- Mob or clean rag
- Soap and water
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Lets the pupils identify all the materials needed for cleaning.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify all the materials needed for cleaning.
- Engages all the pupils on practical cleaning of the classroom surface.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the cleaning of the classroom surface.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Meaning, Types Prevention of Household Pest
Pupils to actively participate in cleaning of the classroom surface.
Leave a comment.
If you found something useful today, please consider a small donation.