THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Revision
TOPIC – MINERAL FOODS
1. introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Mineral Foods
3. Names of Foods that contain Minerals
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
explain and state the names of mineral foods.
The pupils can identify apple, grape, water, orange, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts of oily and fatty foods.
2. Energy oily and fatty food stuff specimens.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display charts showing foods that contain minerals for the pupils to identify and state their favourite.
Pupil’s Activities – This is an orange, water, grape, fish, etc.
Teacher’s Activities – A great cheer for quick response. The following foods identified are foods that contain minerals. Note the foods identified on the body.
Copy as I write on the board.
LOCAL MINERAL FOODS OR SOURCE OF MINERALS
The following are foods that contain minerals –
10. Water melon, etc.
MEANING OF MINERAL FOODS
Mineral foods are foods that contain a lot of minerals.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND LESSON EVALUATION
As stated in the performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays sample or chart of mineral foods.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the food stuff closely, identify and name.
3. Teachers Activities – Explain mineral foods foods.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and define mineral foods.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils –
1. what is mineral foods?
2. state 5 source of mineral foods.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. _________________ foods are foods that contain a lot of minerals.
2. Orange, fish and liver are example of mineral foods.
3. Orange, fish and liver are not example of mineral foods.
4. What is mineral foods?
Circle or underline oily and fatty foods.
7. Orange, rice and fish
8. Grape, apple and bread
State 3 examples of mineral foods.