Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
PREVIOUS LESSON – HOW TO RESPECT GOVERNMENT PROPERTIES
TOPIC – RELIGIOUS AND POLITICAL LEADERS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- mention the religious leaders and political leaders.
- mention reasons for respecting elders.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of religion leaders e.g. Pastor and imam
- Pictures of political leaders e.g. President, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFICATION OF RELIGIOUS AND POLITICAL LEADERS
- Religious leaders – Pastors and Imam
- Political leaders – president, governors, local government chairman, etc.
ACTIVITIES 2 – REASONS FOR RESPECTING RELIGIOUS LEADERS
- They teach us about the words of God.
- They pray for us.
- They advise us.
- They counsel us.
- They know what we don’t know.
ACTIVITIES 3 – REASONS FOR RESPECTING POLITICAL LEADERS
- They provide free education.
- They provide free healthcare.
- They maintain law and orders.
- They provide security.
- They provide good road and water.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads the pupils to identify the elder.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify the elders.
- Teaches the pupils why they should respect them.
- Pupil’s Activities – They learn why they should respect elders.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- mention two reasons why we should respect elders.
- mention two groups of elders to be respected.