RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – OUR RELIGION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Religion Practices – Christians Mode of Worship | Muslims Mode of Worship | Traditional Mode of Worship Primary 4 (Basic 4) – Social Studies
TOPIC – ASPECTS IN WHICH ALL RELIGIONS ARE SIMILAR
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the similarities in all religions.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts showing church, mosque and shrine.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – RELIGION
Religion is the belief, faith and worship in the existence of God. Religion is also the mode of worshipping God. The major religion in Nigeria are Christianity, Islam and Traditional religions.
Our religion are similar but what makes different is the mode of worship.
ASPECTS IN WHICH ALL RELIGIONS ARE SIMILAR
Most religions are similar in so many ways which include the following:
1. All religions believe in existence of God.
2. Many religions fast and pray.
3. All religions teach people to pray.
4. All religions preach love and to love one another.
5. All religions preach and pray for peace.
6. All religions have special places of worship.
- Christians worship in churches.
- Muslims worship in mosques.
- While those who practise the African traditional religions worship in shrines.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the similarities in religion practices.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the similarities in religion practices.
3. Summary the key points on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher write.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
Mention 3 aspects in which all religions are similar.